The Top 10 Ways to Increase your Natural EnergyCopyright 2005 Susie Kong
1. Get 8 hours sleep a night. This is one of the main requirements of the body and will enable you to be at your best. Wear your favourite pyjamas and have the window slightly ajar so you are breathing fresh air.
2. Eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day. Try to have one item of each of the following colours: green, purple, yellow, red, orange so that you get a variety of vitamins, minerals and bioflavanoids.
3. Laugh 30 times a day. Laughing boosts the immune system and your energy!
4. Spend 15 minutes a day doing nothing or meditating. This does wonders for your creativity and recharges your batteries, giving you inner peace for the rest of the day.
5. Walk outside in the fresh air for 15 minutes a day. This clears your mind and burns some calories at the same time! Bonus point - if it is sunny, this will top up your vitamin D!
6. Exercise aerobically for at least 20 minutes 3 times a week. Make sure you include a warm-up and a cool-down and stretches. The best way to ensure you are working at the right pace is to wear a heart rate monitor.
7. Do 1 hour of strength training a week. This can be an hour strengthening class or two or three weight-training sessions.
8. Spend time with loved ones and animals. Feeling loved and happy is a great immune system booster!
9. Smile! There is research that has shown that smiling at yourself in the mirror for 20 minutes at a time can improve depression - even if it is forced!
10. Drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day. Bonus point - add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon for extra vitality and energy!
About the author:
Susie Kong is an Energy Coach and helps busy people increase their energy levels through nutrition, fitness and rest. She is a graduate of Coach University and is also studying with the Schools of Coachville. She is the Assistant Community Coach for the Coachville Fully Alive Community: http://fullyalive.coachville.com/ Willyou help Susie to reach her goal of coaching 100 people by December 2005? All you need to do is call Susie at a prearranged time and let Susie coach you (for free) for 30 minutes and then fill out a quick feedback form online after the session. You can contact Susie on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at her website: http://www.susiekong.com