Are Public Schools A Menace To Your Kids? -- 11 Danger SignalsParents, do you have children who do poorly in school, or are bored or frustrated with their classes or teachers? In contrast to what most public-school officials will tell you, in most cases the problem lies with the schools, not with your children.
It turns out that millions of children, including yours, have good reasons to hate public school, reasons that you as a parent should not ignore.
Here are eleven danger signals from your children that parents should watch out for:
1. Is your child’s writing and spelling atrocious, yet the teacher gives your child high grades or compliments for “creative” spelling?
2. Is your child constantly bored or frustrated with school?
3. Does your child have difficulty doing simple arithmetic problems that he should be able to handle at that grade level?
4. Has your child stopped reading for pleasure at home?
5. Do your children hate doing homework because they say it bores them?
6. Does your child's teacher or principal tell you that your bright, energetic child has some strange four-lettered disease called ADHD, and they "suggest" you give your child mind-altering drugs to "fix" his or her "learning disorder?"
7. Is your child embarrassed by what she learned in sex education class and doesn’t want to talk to you about it?
8. Does your child come home with bruises he got from some bully whom the teacher did not control?
9. Ask your child how many hours a day he or she learns reading, math, and other academic subjects, versus other classes about pagan religions, multiculturalism, sex-education, or other social-psychological conditioning classes.
10. Ask your child about the stories she reads in class or the exercises the teachers have her do. Is the school indoctrinating your child with values or ideas that you think are harmful or dangerous?
11. Are your child’s textbooks dumbed-down and do they teach values you don’t approve of?
If your child exhibits any of these danger signals, it may be time to seriously consider taking your child out of public school and looking for better education alternatives. "Public Schools, Public Menace" has a whole Resource Section devoted to these great education alternatives.
About the author:
Joel Turtel is an education policy analyst. He is also the author of "The Welfare State: No Mercy For The Middle Class." Contact Information:
Website: http://www.mykidsdeservebetter.com,Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 718-447-7348,
Article Copyrighted © 2005 by Joel Turtel,
Article can be reprinted on ezines or newsletters only if Contact information to Joel Turtel and his website is included.